Cost containment is an integral part of Healix International's services. We are conscious of our responsibility to control costs on behalf of our clients, and to this end, Healix maintains a dedicated team of highly experienced cost containment professionals. This team works side-by-side with our medical and International Network teams to ensure that costs are contained and controlled without negatively impacting service quality or patient outcomes.
Our approach to managing costs includes:
- Real-time review of open cases by experienced professionals.
- Pre-negotiated discounts with major hospital groups and smaller independents around the world.
- Clear, established protocols for both medical and cost control models.
- Active, expert case management of all large losses, preventing costs from quickly spiralling out of control. Clients are given prompt notification, along with an estimated reserve cost, and are kept fully informed as cases progress.
- Consistent cost containment of inpatient and outpatient claims.
- A strong network of local cost containment agents, and access to a cost containment network for inpatient and outpatient claims.
- Proactive use of EHIC and other reciprocal healthcare agreements where appropriate.
- Identification of early repatriation opportunities when possible.
- Bill auditing by medical and cost containment staff against a range of medical and financial criteria.
- Identification of third party recovery opportunities.